uspol, COVID-19, kind of a hot take based on personal experience, widower
As someone who lost his wife due to a serious illness and came darned close to it more than once (including a 10 month hospital stay due to pneumonia that cost her a kidney transplant) before the end came, I do not wish COVID-19 on anyone.
No, not even [person].
No, not even after [horrible thing person did].
You do you, but don't expect me to ever agree. There's enough hatred in the world without me adding to it.
My school system is running a digital film festival and several of my students have videos featured in the Middle School categories!
Voting is open to everyone, and anyone can vote once per category per day.
Please share. Voting ENDS on TUESDAY, April 14 at 11:59pm.
@Downes Talked about it in the new recording so students could learn from my failure as well. Would not have had that as fodder without the experience.
@philipwhite I am resigned to treat it as a practice run and record it again, just like I tell my students when they find they have to restart a recording session.
Disney to Furlough Non-Union Park Employees in the US Starting April 19
This training was advertised as being more advanced techniques, so it seems to have scared away most of the participants who caused issues yesterday.
Good advice is being shared in a non-distracting manner.
I signed up for the very first session on the first day of training because...
1. I know how hard this stuff can be so I'm likely part of the more forgiving portion of the audience when it comes to learning curves for live video training.
2. I want to get it out of the way so I can spend the rest of my day on grading and lesson prep.
Mr. Emberley was an early inspiration for me. He provided tools that I could use in my classes to convince students that, yes, they COULD draw.
Scion Installation LA: Ed Emberley & Friends // Ed Emberley interview
5. I am ALL FOR massive reform of Copyright, a concept that was created specifically to protect and encourage creative individuals.
Yes, it has been abused since then, but it still does its original job.
Maybe let it still do that instead of throwing it all away.
3. Those on top tend to stay there. An independent artist missing the tools to survive will sink. Corporations will just start stealing (more), because what's to stop them, now?
4. "We'll stop them," you might say. "We'll stop using their stuff." Well that's excellent in an ideal world Nestle's still afloat after saying you don't have a right to water so we don't live in a world where we get to see that work.
1. I know copyright is broken and abused. It needs reform.
2. It's also one of the few things that keeps independent artists from having their work taken out from under them. This is very prevalent in the photography genre but it happens elsewhere, too. Copyright suits are a tool that independent photographers NEED to keep publishers in check.
Childrens' Author Death
RIP Tomie dePaola, author of Strega Nona.
He e succumbed to complications from surgery after surviving a fall.
Support Public #Education